BORN HULL 1894. SON OF WILLIAM FREDERICK DICKINSON & EMILY MARY DICKINSON, 26 ST. MATTHEW STREET AND AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS. ONE OF SEVEN SONS. KILLED BY ENEMY ACTION. LISTED IN THE HULL MERCHANT NAVY RECORDS.
SS Trewyn, built by J. Readhead & Sons, So. Shields in 1903 and owned at the time of her loss by Hain Steamship Co. Ltd. (E. Hain & Son), St. Ives, was a British steamer of 3.084 tons.
On March 24th, 1916, Trewyn, on a voyage from Algiers to Middlesbrough with a cargo of iron ore, was sunk by the German submarine U-28 (Georg-Günther von Forstner), west of Ushant. She was posted as missing. 23 persons were lost.